This is the ornament I created for the Vintage Valentine’s Ornament Swap I hosted. I thought it would be fun to show you how to create your own to display in your home.
- Floral Wire (22 gauge 1/4lb green)
- Valentine Birds for Silhouette SD Cutter (from my Store)
- White Paper
- German Glass Glitter – Clear
- Craft Glue
- Paint Brush
- Jar or Circular Shaped Object
1. Download the Valentine Bird file from my store. Load the file into the Silhouette Studio Application on your computer. Delete the parts of the file you don’t need, leaving just the kissing doves. Follow instructions for your cutter to re-size shapes.
2. Use your Silhouette SD to cut out the Valentine Bird design using white paper.
3. Use a paint brush to coat the front side of your cut-out with craft glue. Sprinkle cut-out with glitter and set aside to dry.
4. Cut an 18″ piece of wire. Create small loop in the center of the wire as shown in thumbnail below.
5. Use a medium-sized jar and wrap wire around it to create circular wire shaped frame. Twist extra wire around itself to finish up the wire frame. (See example in thumbnail below.)
6. Wrap the tinsel around the wire frame and secure end of tinsel with a small piece of wire.
7. Add beads to the ornament by threading wire through the bead hole and then attaching bead to ornament with wire.
8. Use craft glue to adhere glittered kissing doves to tinsel ornament. Set ornaments on wax paper to dry.
9. Add ornament hook through small loop at top of ornament and display ornament in your home.