This felt bunny-shaped pillow is perfect for Easter. You can use it as a decorative pillow for your couch or if you have small children they will want to use it as a pillow to cuddle with at night time!
How To | Easter Bunny Pillow
- 2 Pieces 12″ x 20″ White Felt
- Brown Felt
- Pink Felt
- Pink Embroidery Floss
- Brown Embroidery Floss
- 1 yard Pink Grosgrain Ribbon
- Small Pink Bow
- XL Pom-Pom Ball Tail
- Sewing Needle
- Straight Pins
- Poly-fil Stuffing
- Download bunny pillow pattern from my store and print out on paper. Cut out pattern and pin pieces to appropriate colors of felt. Cut out felt pieces.
- Match up the front and back bunny shapes and pin them together.
- Sew around the edge of the bunny using a blanket stitch. (If you need a lesson on how to do a blanket stitch click here.) Start sewing on the right side of the bunny’s head. Knot one end of the thread and hide the knot between the two layers of felt. When you are almost all the way around leave an open spot the size of your hand to put the stuffing through.
- Add the stuffing by pushing it in with your hand. Make sure it gets in all the way up inside the ears. Finish sewing the bunny closed. Knot your thread and hide it between the two layers of felt.
- Pin the pink ear pieces, the nose and pocket in place. Use a running stitch to sew them in place.
- Sew on the bow at the bottom of the ear.
- Pin the eyes in place and sew them onto the bunny.
- Use a back stitch to sew whiskers and a mouth onto the bunny’s face. (If you need a lesson on how to do a back stitch click here.)
- Tie the ribbon around the bunny’s neck.
- Sew pom-pom ball tail to back of bunny.