Many of you may have read some of my previous posts stating I don’t like to cook. That is true, but I thought I would share with you this Stromboli Recipe I recently came up with. It was the perfect Fat Tuesday dinner, especially since I didn’t add any vegetables so my kids would eat it without picking through it! I want to tell you that most of these measurements for the ingredients are just a rough estimate, feel free to add whatever you like to the inside of your Stromboli masterpiece! (I am no food photographer either!)
Recipe | Stromboli
- 16 oz. Frozen Pizza Dough (thaw and let raise in bag)
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Kraft Shredded Parmesan, Romano, Asiago
- 1.5 lbs. Pork Sausage
- 1 Tblsp. Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- Stick of Butter
- Pizza Sauce
Less Than Professional Instructions:
- Thaw dough and let raise in bag until it is really puffy.
- Cook sausage and add 1 tblsp. or so of Garlic Herb Seasoning into the sausage while it is cooking.
- Cut dough in half and stretch into two rectangles (about 8 x12), use a light sprinkle of flour to keep dough from sticking.
- Place toppings on stretched dough. On top of one rectangle of dough I add pepperoni (about 1/3 of a pack), half of the sausage, 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, and 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese mix.
- Roll up dough into a log shape.
- Bake at 375 degrees until lightly brown. Before completely done, take out of oven and rub the end of your stick of butter over the outside, then add a sprinkle of salt over top and sprinkle some of the shredded cheese mixture on top too.
- Bake a few more minutes until brown.
- Slice and serve with pizza sauce for dipping.