Okay, I know I am getting carried away with this Angry Bird stuff. But these are actually from Valentine’s Day. Remember those warm fuzzy friend Valentines my daughter made? Well, my son wanted nothing to do with them and instead came up with these Angry Bird pom-pom ball friends himself. They are quite easy to make and boys get a kick out of tossing them around!
He literally had it all planned out in his head how he was going to use the pipe cleaners to make the beaks, eyebrows and tails. The only problem was he couldn’t actually cut the pipe cleaners without my help. So we worked together to create these pom-pom ball Angry Birds that sit on top of three Cadbury mini-eggs that are nestled instead mini-cupcake liners.
The finished treats were wrapped in a small cello bag and closed with a twist tie and a note was attached. The attached note read, “Love is for the birds.” They were a big hit.
I think these could be great for a birthday treat, Easter treat, spring party treat. It would also be a fun activity for kids to make at a birthday party!
- 1.5″ Pom-pom Balls
- Googly Eyes
- Black Pipe Cleaners
- Yellow Pipe Cleaners
- Craft Glue
- Wire Cutter
- Mini-Cupcake Liners
- Cadbury Mini-eggs
- Cello Bag and Twist Ties
- Cute note to attach
- Use a wire cutter and cut the black pipe cleaner into 3/4″ to 1″ long pieces. Bend the cut piece in the center to form a V shape. These will be the eyebrows and can also be used as the tails.
- Use a wire cutter and cut the yellow pipe cleaner into assorted lengths, these will be the beaks. As my son informed me, some birds, like the green bird have long beaks and some have short beaks. Most beaks can be cut to measure 1″ in length, then fold the cut length of pipe cleaner in half so the end is rounded.
- Use craft glue to glue on the beaks first, then glue on the eyes and next the eyebrows. Let dry.
- Next glue on the tails. Let dry.
- Place 3 candy eggs inside the mini-cupcake liners. Sit the finished birds on top.
- Wrap each bird in a cello bag and twist tie closed.
- Add a cute note that can be attached with the twist tie.