Wanted to hop on the blog (still in the middle of our big move) and show you what the kids are making for their class Valentines. If you are looking for something your kids can make themselves this is it. My 7 year old did these pretty much on her own.
I did have to type up the text and print it out for her and use a wire-cutter to cut the pipe cleaner into smaller pieces. My daughter loved mixing and matching all the pom-pom ball colors and pipe cleaners to make different color combos and different looking warm fuzzies!
- 1.5″ Pom-pom balls in assorted colors
- Googly eyes
- Pipe cleaners in assorted colors
- Foam hearts (for feet)
- Wire cutters
- Craft glue
- Miniatures candy bars
- Printer and paper
- Ribbon (can be added to make warm fuzzy have a bow in her hair)
- Glue the pom-pom ball to the foam heart (feet), let dry.
- Glue googly eyes to pom-pom ball, let dry.
- Cut a pipe cleaner into 4 pieces using a wire cutter. Use a pencil to curl each end of the pipe cleaner. Bend curled section in center to form V-shape. Glue antenna to top of pom-pom ball. Let dry.
- Print text out on paper and trim to desired size and shape. Glue end of note between feet and pom-pom ball.
- Glue entire warm fuzzy to miniature candy bar.
- Pass out to friends on Valentine’s Day!