I posted a picture of this cake to my personal Facebook page asking my friends what character this cake was. One person responded Mr. Magoo! Either this friend doesn’t have knowledge of Star Wars Angry Birds or my cake decorating skills are worse than I thought! I hope it is the former 😉 We recently got Star Wars IV, V and VI. While watching the movie my kids were making comments like, “That guy in black looks just like that bad black piggy.” Yup, that is Darth Vader and he doesn’t look like the piggy, the piggy looks like him. My husband and I have been having lots of laughs over all their movie comments.
My daughter loved the cake and so did my boys. Who doesn’t love a cake that combines donuts, candy and cake? Mmmmm, am I right?
This cake was really easy to make, follow along below to make your own Angry Birds Princess Leia cake.
- Cake Mix
- White Frosting
- Pink Frosting (I bought Whipped Strawberry)
- Chocolate Frosting
- 2 Blue Cadburry Mini Eggs (for eyes)
- 1 Yellow Cadburry Mini Egg (for beak)
- 2 Swirly Donuts
- Oven Safe Deep Small/Medium Size Glass Bowl
- Cupcake Tin and Liners
- Mix the cake mix according to the directions on the box. Grease your bowl and pour in the cake batter. (I had extra batter leftover for a couple cupcakes.) Bake your cake at the temperature listed on the box. Baking times will vary because of the thickness of the cake. Use a toothpick to test the cake and see if it is baked all the way through.
- When the cake has cooled, cut off the top of the cake (that part that is already more flat) to make it lay perfectly flat. Lay the cake on a plate with the rounded part up. This is Princess Leia’s body.
- Frost the back of the cake with chocolate frosting.
- Frost the front with pink frosting.
- Add globs of white frosting for the eyes and patch under the nose.
- Add the eyebrows and eyelashes using brown frosting. I used a toothpick to spread it carefully into place.
- Add the blue Cadburry mini eggs for the eyes.
- Add the yellow Dadburry mini egg for the beak. (I had to support the beak by hiding a toothpick underneath the egg.)
- Add the donuts to each side of Princess Leia’s head.
- You can see Angry Birds Princess Leia here.