Over the weekend my daughter and I made these bottle cap necklaces to give to her friends as gifts when they come over in a couple weeks to make some Christmas crafts. She was so excited to help me put them together. We think they turned out really cute! The perfect handmade gift for little girls. If you want to make some with your daughter check out the free download below, it has the cute little girl faces for you to use to make your own necklaces! (The free download has a larger variety of hair colors than the necklaces shown above and no names.)
Handmade Holidays | How To | Bottle Cap Necklaces
- Darice Cotton Loops (found at Michaels)
- Jump Rings
- Bottle Caps (I got mine at Oriental Trading $4 for 24)(Also at Hobby Lobby $9 for 24)
- Magic-Glos by Lisa Pavelka (found at Hobby Lobby) (other options are Diamond Glaze or 3D Crystal Laquer)
- Double-sided Tape
- Bottle Cap Necklace Art Download
- Use your Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole into the bottle caps.
- Print out the Bottle Cap Necklace Art Download and cut out the ones you want to use.
- Secure art to bottle cap using a small piece of double-sided tape.
- Add a gemstone onto the art.
- Follow the directions and add your Magic-Glos. Let it set for a very long time according to directions. Try to make sure you have nothing near by the bottle caps that will get fuzz or dirt on the glaze after you have applied it. Keep an eye on them as they dry and pop bubbles with a toothpick or pin.
- Add a jump ring to the top through the hole.
- Thread your cotton loop through the jump ring and knot the ends together. (I cut my cotton loops in thirds to make them the right size for the girls necks.)
- Package in a cute gift box!
Click Here – Bottle Cap Necklace Art Download
Linked to: Where Women Create