My kids and I actually made these ghost tree branch mobiles last year before Halloween. I pulled them out to hang them up the other night and they were really excited to see them again. I think these mobiles look cool hanging from our light over the dinner table. Adds the perfect spooky atmosphere to dinner!
How To | Ghost Tree Branch Mobile
- Tree Branch
- Old White Sheet or Tissues
- Black Sharpie Marker
- String or Twine
- Fishing Line
- Poly-fil Stuffing
- Sewing Needle
- Sewing Thread
- Use your sheet and cut out 3 – 7″ x 7″ squares. (Or use 3 tissues.)
- Cut three pieces of string or ribbon about 4″ long. These will be tied around the neck of each ghost.
- Use a small ball of poly-fil stuffing (you could also use tissues) and place it in the center of the cut square. Fold the cut square up around the stuffing to form the head of the ghost. Tie the string around the neck of the ghost.
- Use a black Sharpie to draw a face on each ghost.
- Use the needle and thread to sew a loop on the top of each ghost’s head. (You could also use a jump ring.)
- Cut varying lengths of string. Thread them through the loop on the top of each ghost’s head. Tie them to form a big loop.
- Create a hanger on the mobile by tying fishing line to each end of the tree branch.
- Hang each ghost from the tree branch. You will need to play with their arrangement to make the mobile balanced.
- Hang up your mobile and enjoy!