Remember earlier in the week when I teased you with the hint of a free pattern? Here it is. A free pattern download to create a matching fleece animal hat for your daughter’s American Girl Doll or 18″ doll. This hat will also fit a 15″ Bamboletta or various styles of Waldorf dolls too.
This free doll hat download has the same animal ears to match the Fleece Animal Hat Pattern for children that you can read about and purchase here.
I hope you are getting inspired to make your holiday gifts handmade! And please share my website with your friends so they can be inspired to create handmade gifts this year too.
Please note that this pattern is for personal use only. You may not sell this pattern, variations of this pattern or hats made from this pattern.
- 8″ x 22″ piece of fleece for outer layer
- 8″ x 22″ piece of fleece for inner layer
- 24″ of ribbon
- Straight Pins
- Needle and Thread
- Sewing Machine
- Printed Doll Fleece Animal Hat Pattern
- Print out the pattern pieces and cut them out.
- *note: all the sewing was done with the fabric on the outside edge of my sewing foot, unless otherwise noted.
- Fold outer layer fabric with right sides together and pin pattern (main hat piece and ear) to fabric. Cut out main hat piece and ear. You should have two cut fabric pieces for each shape.
- Repeat step 2 with inner layer fabric.
- Sew around outside edge of hat. Leave at least a 2″ hole for turning the hat right side out.
- Turn hat right side out and sew hole closed. You can use a machine or do it by hand.
Free Download: Doll Fleece Animal Hat Pattern
*Please note that this pattern is for personal use only. You may not sell this pattern, variations of this pattern or hats made from this pattern.