Jewelry is a staple in any girl’s wardrobe, am I right? Of course I am. So making jewelry to give as a gift is the perfect handmade gift idea. I made these pearl ribbon necklaces to give out at a gift exchange. Mix up the colors a bit and they would be a fun Valentine’s Day necklace!
If you aren’t familiar with jewelry making and working with wire, check out this link for a how to on making a simple wire loop.
- Pearl Beads
- Satin Ribbon
- Jump Rings
- Eye Pins (has looped already formed on one end)
- Metal Ribbon Clasps
- Crocheted Flowers
- Gemstone or Pearl
- Wire Cutter
- Round Nose Pliers
- Flat Pliers
- Start your necklace by joining the pearls together with wire loops. You can find a great tutorial here.
- Cut two pieces of ribbon, mine are each 5 1/2″ long. Using a pliers, add the metal ribbon clasps to each end of the ribbons.
- Using jump rings, attach your joined pearls to the metal ribbon clasps.
- On the end of the ribbons attach a clasp to one side and a jump ring and short length of chain on the other side.
- Use E6000 glue to adhere the crocheted flowers and pearl to your necklace. Let dry.