This cute ghost couple is actually a set of recycled orange juice containers. We will be using these to collect our candy on Halloween night. These trick-or-treat buckets were really easy to make and can also be used as decorations on your mantel or table until Halloween night. The handle on the orange juice container makes these treat buckets easy for little hands to hold.
How To | Recycled Trick-or-Treat Bucket
- Recycled orange juice container
- White sheet of fabric (I used a piece from an old sheet)
- Duct tape
- Craft glue
- 20mm googly eyes
- Pink ribbon or bow
- Black felt for mustache
- Clean out your orange juice container and cut a big hole in the top of the recycled container. (Pic. 1)
- (I covered the printing on the sides of my containers with white paper, but after covering the container with the sheet I think it was unnecessary.)
- Cut your white piece of fabric about 3 inches longer than the height of your container. Determine the appropriate width of your fabric by wrapping the piece of fabric around your container. I made the fabric for the man ghost a lot wider (fuller) than for my woman ghost.
- Cut strips of duct tape and stick them, evenly spaced, along the top edge of the white fabric. Go back and roll the duct tape down. (Pic. 2)
- Stick the end of the sheet under the lip of the jug by the handle. Continue to work your way around the top inside lip of the jug as you tape the sheet to the inside. You should not be able to see the tape. (Pic. 3)
- Use craft glue to add googly eyes and a bow or mustache cut from black felt.
- Set out finished ghosts as decorations until Halloween. Use to collect candy on Halloween night!
Click the thumbnails below to see them larger.