Are you looking for an easy gift to make for a teacher or friend? If you are reading my website, you are probably like me, I love to make gifts for people. I LOVE handmade and appreciate receiving handmade items myself. While making these fleece flower hats I felt like I cheated a little bit, you know I didn’t make them completely from scratch. (That’s how easy they are!) My husband said I need to get over it, they look great. Why would I start from scratch when the supplies where out there already and easy to assemble?
If you are looking to create an affordable and usable gift for someone this holiday season, you are gonna love creating these!
p.s. I have more cute and cost effective gift ideas that I will be posting over the next few weeks. I also have my Advent Activities list almost ready to post. I am super excited about some of the printables that will be included for FREE this year!
How To | Fleece Flower Hats
- Fleece Hat (I found mine for $2.50 at Jo-Anns last year, I have also seen some at the Dollar store. Keep your eyes open for a great deal!)
- Fabric Flowers (I purchased some of the Prima Flowers, so pretty, on clearance here last week.) (Right now the Jolee’s Boutique Dimensional Stickers (Flowers) are being clearanced at Michaels (so hurry and get there!!)
- Needle and Thread
- Lay out your hat and arrange your flowers in the order you want them to be sewn on.
- Secure your flowers to the hat with pins.
- Sew your flowers on. (The Jolee’s have a foam sticker on the back, peel it off and remove the twist tie.) Pic. 1
- Wrap in a pretty gift box!
p.s. Maybe you want to sew a beautiful matching scarf? Visit this site to find some beautiful pre-cut scarf packs. Click here.