This week I am hosting the summer day camp project here on The Craft Nest! When summer time hits our neck of the woods it often means parade time. No parade is complete (at least not where we live) without candy to catch. Usually we grab a plastic grocery bag and head out, but this summer my kids and I crafted candy catchers to take along to the parade sidelines. One of the best features is that we used containers out of the recycle bin!
A special thanks to American Crafts for sending me these beautiful patriotic supplies to use for our project!
- Empty Plastic Container (we used vinegar jugs)
- Patriotic Paper Supplies by American Crafts
- Zazz Glitter Glue by American Crafts
- Glitter Tape by American Crafts
- This to That tape by American Crafts or Double-sided Tape or Craft Glue
- Thickers (letter stickers) by American Crafts
- Scissors or Paper Cutter
- Find an empty container. Wash and dry the container. Cut an opening in the side of the container.
- Use a scissors or paper trimmer and cut your paper to size and adhere it to the container using This to That tape by American Crafts.
- Add other embellishments and stickers to your candy catcher.
- Use glitter glue to add more sparkle to your container. Let dry.