Wow, it’s the end of the school year already! I always like to get the kids involved in making a small gift for their teacher at the end of the year. This paper-mache cupcake was a fun way for them to make a craft for their teacher that also doubled as a gift box.
The box is really simple to paint and after it was all painted and decorated we tucked a little gift inside accompanied by a handmade thank you card.
- Cupcake (by Darice)
- Acrylic Paints
- Red pom-pom ball (Darice)
- School or Craft Glue
- Paper Plate
- Cello Bag
- Tiny Tag
- Tissue Paper
- Piece of Ribbon
- Squeeze a small amount of assorted paint colors onto a paper plate.
- Use your paint brush to paint different colors onto your cupcake. Let dry between each color.
- To add glitter, use glue to make dots or pattern and then sprinkle glitter over glue spots. Let dry.
- Glue on pom-pom ball for a cherry.
- When cupcake is finished write child’s name and year on the bottom.
- Line the box with tissue paper and place a small gift or treat inside the cupcake box.
- Wrap in cello bag and tie closed with ribbon. Add a small tag with a handwritten greeting or note!