The Summer Day Camp craft for week five is Recycled Robots. We made these robots while we were camping and they were a huge hit with all the kids. After the robots were finished, (we even had round #2 of robot making on a different afternoon) the kids had a robot show where everyone got up and showed their robot and told its name and other things it could do. Each presenter was given a unique medal for their robot. Some examples are: coolest robot, best in show, most unique, and funniest robot. Making robots is a lot of creative fun and full of laughs as you see what everyone comes up with!
- Recycled containers, caps, twist ties, etc. of all sizes
- Hot glue gun
- Pipe cleaners
- Large googly eyes
- Platinum or silver spray paint
- Lay out all your cleaned recycled containers for everyone to see.
- Grab interesting pieces to put together.
- Use hot glue to attach pieces to each other. (Adult help is needed!)
- Spray paint robot.
- Add googly eyes using hot glue.
- Let dry.