I had to share a picture of what my daughter made for me for Mother’s Day. You might already know that I really like Bluebirds. She sewed me a stuffed Bluebird softie for me to keep. Isn’t that so sweet. I love it!
How To | Sew a Softie
- Sewing Straight Pins
- Fabric Markers
- Fabric Scissors
- Embroidery Thread
- Poly-fil Stuffing
- Carefully draw your design in pencil on your piece of muslin.
- Use fabric markers to color in your design.
- Pin your piece of muslin to a coordinating piece of felt.
- Cut out around your drawing, cutting through the muslin and felt at the same time.
- Keep your pieces pinned together.
- Thread your needle with embroidery floss and sew a whip stitch around your softie. Leave an opening so you can fill it with stuffing. Remove pins as you go.
- When you are almost done sewing, stuff it with stuffing. Continue sewing the rest of the softie closed. Trim thread.
- Wrap in pretty paper and give to a friend or your mom!