The best part of a birthday party surprise is planning the decorations. As I said in a previous post I do all my decorating when my kids are asleep, so the decorations have to be simple to hang up. My daughter was in love when she came downstairs on the morning of her birthday and saw these lovely tissue paper bunny fans hanging from the ceiling. Want to know how to make your own? Just follow the instructions below.
How To | Tissue Paper Party Decorations
- Assorted Colors of Tissue Paper (I bought a pastel pack from Dollar Tree)
- Embroidery Floss
- 11×17 White Paper
- Double-sided Tape
- Tissue Paper Bunny Head Download
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- You need four pieces of tissue paper to create one fan. Use two pieces together and fold them using an accordion fold. Fold the second two pieces together using an accordion fold.
- Tie both sets of folded tissue paper together in the center using embroidery floss. Leave two long tails of floss and tie them together at the top. The tissue paper will attach together inside of this open loop and will be used to hang the fans.
- You will have four different sections of tissue paper.
- Use pieces of double-sided tape to tape the sections together.
- Once all sections are taped together the fan will be a complete circle.
- Print off one bunny head shape from the file download (Tissue Paper Bunny Head). Use the one as a template to cut out multiple bunny heads. I like to staple multiple pieces of paper together and then cut them all out at once.
- Using a hot glue gun, glue the bunny heads onto the tissue paper fans. Put a bunny head on each side.
- Use the long thread to tape the tissue paper fans to the ceiling.
Click here – Tissue Paper Bunny Head
*(for personal use only)