I know a porcupine really has nothing to do with Christmas, but my boys love to make things out of pine cones, so this is perfect. They had so much fun creating these little critters to hang on the Christmas tree. (Yes, the little one has a tiny pebble glued on its head…) We are still laughing at them!
How To | Porcupine Pine Cone Ornament
- Pine Cone
- Googly Eyes
- Black Pom-pom ball
- Small Piece of Brown or Black Felt
- Embroidery Floss or Ribbon
- Craft Glue
- Cut a 6 inch or so piece of ribbon or floss. This will be use to create the ornament hanger. Tie it up around the pine cone and then tie it in an open loop so it can hang from a tree branch.
- If your pine cone has a stem on one end carefully break it off. This side will be the face.
- Cut out a face size circle from the felt. Glue on googly eyes and a pom-pom ball nose.
- Glue entire face to the end of the pine cone.
- Cut out 4 small feet from felt. Glue those in the appropriate spot to make feet.
- Hang on your tree and laugh at your funny new friend and ornament!