If you are on a wedding budget you can easily make this hairpiece for yourself.
Stunning couple aren’t they! My brother got married two weeks ago, it was a beautiful ceremony and a gorgeous Fall day outside. My husband and I and my son Charlie were in the wedding party. Whew, it was a lot of work to get our whole family looking spiffy for the wedding. I was lucky enough to be able to make the bride’s hairpiece for her big day. I loved the way it turned out and was so pleased with the way it looked in her hair when I saw it that morning!
How To | Bridal Fabric Rose Hair Clip
- 2- 2″x 30″ White Satin Fabric Strips
- Hot Glue or Needle and Thread
- Pearl Beads
- Leaf Sprig – Search for Millinery Leaf White
- White Feathers – Mine were from the Creatology line at Michaels
- White Craft Felt
- Craft Glue
- To create your fabric flowers visit this link for detailed instructions: How To | Fabric Flowers I made one fabric flower slightly larger than the other for a variation in size.
- Position your fabric flowers side by side and then glue or sew your leaf spring and feather on the back side of the fabric roses. (Pic. 1)
- Cut a piece of white felt in the shape of the fabric flowers. Use craft glue to glue the felt to the back of the flowers. The felt will hold all the pieces together. Let dry.
- Cut a small strip of felt and glue it over the bottom of the hair clip. Let dry. (Pic. 2)
- To add an extra touch to the hairpiece buy a piece of veil netting. The netting is sold packaged at Michaels in the wedding aisle. You can attach the netting to your hair with bobby pins.