My mantel is all decorated to celebrate Thanksgiving this month. My kids and I made these cheap pumpkins from recycled paper lunch bags to make our Fall display more colorful and full.
How To | Paper Lunch Bag Pumpkins
- Paper Lunch Bags
- Orange acrylic paint
- Green acrylic paint
- Magazine to recycle
- Green ribbon
- Paint the lower portion of the lunch bag orange. (Another option is to color the bags with markers, you can see a picture of colored lunch bag pumpkins below.) Make sure to open up the bag and paint all the sides. I found it easiest to open the bag and hold my hand inside while I painted.
- Paint a wide strip of green above the orange painted section. Let dry.
- Rip out and crumble up magazine pages. Fill the painted lunch bag up with crumpled magazine pages until the pumpkin is at desired fullness.
- Tie a piece of green ribbon around the lunch bag, pull it tight and tie it. Curl the ends of the ribbon.
- Use a scissors and cut off any extra height from the lunch bag.
- Set on dinner table or mantel to create a beautiful fall display!