We made this clay magnet as a Valentine gift for my daughter’s classroom helper. It was fun to make and to paint. After it was finished we wrapped it in a cello bag and added a matching birdcage gift tag made with the rubber stamp.
How To | Clay Dish
- White Air-Dry Clay by Crayola (found in children’s craft section at Jo-Ann’s)
- Rolling Pin
- Decorative Edge Scissors
- Rubber Stamp
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brush
- Wax Paper
- Hot Glue and Gun
- Choose a lump of clay and knead it in your hands until softened. Add a tiny bit of water if the clay is too hard.
- Roll out clay on wax paper and cut into an oval-shape. Use rubber stamp to press image into clay.
- Use a decorative edge scissors to cut clay off around edge of oval.
- Use your finger to apply a small amount of water to the image to smooth out any rough spots.
- Let dry until clay turns white.
- Use acrylic paints to paint clay magnet.
- Use hot glue to add magnet to back of dried clay image.